Tuesday 24 June 2014

Music mash up

I came up with the idea last night while thinking about my upcoming consultant's appointment, to put the lyrics of several songs together to make one song or poem - sort of like a medley, but a sensible medley where the lyrics put together make perfect sense and have the same theme and feeling. Here's one I was thinking of; if I could sing I would sing it and put it on YouTube, but written format will have to do instead. See if you can see which songs I used, and I'll tell you underneath:

If you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
'cause pretending everything is alright when it ain’t, really isn’t working.

For this I used Shake It Out by Florence & The Machine, Pompeii by Bastille, and Read All About It by Professor Green. If I were to sing it, it would all sound the same - some sort of slow melody that sounds a bit like all of the songs so that it sounds similar to all of them but all the lines also sound like they belong to the same song.

No comments:

Post a Comment