Friday 25 July 2014

Music appreciation - the original ones are the best (sometimes)

What made me happy today:

I was listening to a Swedish radio station and a song I recognised came on. It took a few seconds for me to place it but I realised it was "Wherever You Will Go", only it was the original version by The Calling, and not that cover that some woman did that was on the Twinings advert, or whatever it was. So nice to hear the original being played! Here are some important things to remember:

"Run" was originally by Snow Patrol, not Leona Lewis
"Valerie" was originally by The Zutons, not Amy Winehouse
"Somewhere Only We Know" was originally by Keane, not Lily Allen
"Many of Horror" was originally by Biffy Clyro, not Matt Cardle (and it was called "Many of Horror", not "When We Collide!")

No comments:

Post a Comment